STOP HS2 is run by volunteers and is dependent on the generosity of individuals and Action Group donations to further the campaign against HS2. Over the years funds have been spent on actions, leaflets, promoting the campaign, advertising, demonstrations campaign literature and materials, contribution to the judicial reviews, support of and helping to set up action groups, press stunts, expenses, legal fees, events in and around Parliament, party conferences, protest camps and of course maintaining this website since 2010. Exactly the sort of stuff you’d expect really.
The Stop HS2 Crowdfunder which was set up to help with the protest camps set up before HS2 received Notice to Proceed met its target in 2020, and is now closed. Fundraising efforts to help maintain the protection camps along the route of Phase 1 and pay for associated legal costs are now being administered by HS2 Rebellion, to make a donation click here. You can also donate to the camps by writing a cheque to Friends of the Woods and sending it to: Andrew Maiden, 7 The Grange, Cubbington, CV32 7LE. You can also pay directly into the Friends of the Woods account at Lloyds: Sort Code 30-98-97, account number 86684360.
If you want to donate to the other ongoing work of Stop HS2, there are these options:
Donate online through Paypal
Other ways to donate:
- Cheques – make out to “Stop HS2” and sent to Stop HS2, 2 Caesar Road, Kenilworth, CV8 1DL.
- Standing Order – complete the form and send to our treasurer at the address above. Download a STOP HS2 standing order form here.
- Directly – into the StopHS2 bank account.
Account name – Stop HS2 Ltd,
Bank – Lloyds,
Sort Code – 30-94-93, Account number 34934760.
- You can buy items such as mugs t-shirts and other items from the Stop HS2 official merchandsising store – see here.
- Stop HS2 have teamed up with easy fundraising to make it easy for you to raise money for Stop HS2. First off there is the Stop HS2 easysearch web page at http://stophs2.easysearch.org.uk/. Every time you search the web with the easysearch page registered to Stop HS2 instead of Google, Yahoo or whoever, you’ll raise funds for Stop HS2. It works out about half a penny a go, but that could easily work out at about £20 per year just from YOU, effectively by doing next to nothing. You can even add easy search onto the search bar in your browser window by clicking http://stophs2.easysearch.org.uk/faq/# Please try it out!
- Also you can help Stop HS2 to raise money whenever you shop online. It’s very simple – just visit http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/stophs2/ to register and shop with over 2000 well known retailers.