This site is intended to promote the debate against the Government’s High Speed Rail 2 proposal (also known as HS2). However, like many other internet discussion sites we at STOP HS2 spend much of our time trying to prevent spammers, hackers and others from abusing this service. In view of the increasing nature of this problem we are therefore updating our terms and conditions, and tightening our moderation policy. These changes are not intended to restrict valid discussion, and it remains our wish to encourage an open and good spirited debate on the issues regarding HS2.
Please always remember that comments posted on this site, by persons other than the author of the post, are those of the individual and in no way represent the views of STOP HS2. By posting or commenting on this site, you are agreeing to abide by our terms and conditions:
- You agree that you are responsible for the content of any message that you post.
- Comments should be brief and kept to the subject matter of the post on which you are commenting.
- Comments must not contain inappropriate language that may upset, harass or embarrass any other person, or break any law.
- Prior to submitting your comments, please ensure that you check your facts.
- Please do not attack others for holding an opinion that differs from yours. Instead, engage in polite and constructive debate.
- You own the copyright to the material you post but you agree to grant us perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive rights to publish your entry on any media.
- If you are employed by or acting on behalf of a rail related or transport lobbying organisation, please identify this when posting. We welcome open debate with pro-HS2 organisations, but covertly presenting corporate initiatives as individual opinions is not in the spirit of Internet blogging / open debate, and will result in banning from this site.
- We require that you enter a valid e-mail address when you comment on this site. This will only be used to contact you in the event of any problems or issues that might arise from your comment.
- You must not impersonate anyone else, or falsely state that you are associated with particular persons or organisations.
- Posting of confidential information is prohibited, and we recommend that you avoid posting personal information about yourself beyond your user name and your website URL.
- Remember that this is a public website and your comments may remain online and be discoverable for a long time. Therefore, please try to express your views clearly so that they cannot be misunderstood.
- You may add links to internal or external sites within your post but you agree to remain responsible for any links you add. We reserve the right to remove any links we consider inappropriate.
- Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and requests for money are prohibited and will be deleted.
- You must not upload, post, transmit, link to or make available, any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, applications, programmes or files designed to destroy, interrupt, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Your comments will be moderated for approval by STOP HS2 staff, and we reserve the right to truncate or delete comments posted by users.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless STOP HS2 Limited and its members from and against any claim, liability, cost, damage or loss we may incur (including, without limitation legal costs) as a result of any material you post on this site or any violation by you of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
- This website is intended for people based within the United Kingdom. We cannot guarantee that the site or the contents of the site complies with requirements of, or is appropriate for use in, other countries.
- We will try to ensure the website’s availability, but shall not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable for any period.
Provided you stick to these common sense rules you may continue to access and comment on the posts in this site. We reserve the right to remove any post breaking these rules without prior contact with the author. If you repeatedly ignore these terms and conditions, we may issue a ban (either temporary or permanent) from commenting on this site.
Please note that due to the fact that STOP HS2 is staffed by volunteers and has only limited resources, we do not employ professional commenters and web-site moderators. Therefore, please respect that on some occassions we may have to block or filter comments on particular posts when the volumes become too great for our volunteer team to address.
This site is moderated by STOP HS2 staff. If you wish to make a complaint regarding a comment (i.e. that it is objectionable or in breach of these terms and conditions) you may contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will aim to respond to or act on all complaints within 2 working days of the receipt of an e-mail.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. If you are uncertain about anything in these Terms and Conditions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
STOP HS2 Limited