MPs receive invitation to attend the Stop HS2 National Convention Saturday 19th February 2011 Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire
Over the weekend, every single Member of Parliament has received an invitation to the STOP HS2 National Convention to be held on the 19th February 2011. You can read the invitation here.
Lizzy Williams, Chairman of STOP HS2 said
“High Speed 2 is a National Issue. It will affect every single tax payer in the country and we need Members of Parliament to understand the scale of investment required is phenomenal and entirely at the taxpayer’s risk. It is vital every single Member of Parliament examines the case for High Speed 2 and makes informed decisions on the potential impacts on our economy, environment and communities across the UK. STOP HS2 does not believe there is any proven business or environmental case for High Speed 2 and it should not be a transport priority in this country. Local transport for local jobs and improved local connectivity should be and is needed now that should be the priority. We have expert and completely objective speakers at our convention including Christian Wolmar “Britain’s leading transport commentator” and Professor John Whitelegg an internationally recognized sustainable transport expert and representing the Green Party. We also welcome Mike Nattrass UKIP, Professor Mike Geddes, Geoffrey Robinson MP, the RSPB and the Wildlife Trust to name a few of our guest speakers”.
Lizzy also congratulated the Tax Payers Alliance on their report condemning High Speed 2.
“We are delighted to see Chris Stokes work on this subject following his excellent presentation at the High Speed Lobby day we held on 26th October last year. STOP HS2 fully endorses his report.”
Convention tickets cost £12 and can be ordered via our website www.stophs2.org. Alternatively please send us a cheque and your contact details to: STOPHS2 Ltd, 310 Cromwell Lane, Burton Green, Warwickshire, CV8 1PL. Discretionary tickets are available.
All press are welcome with free entry providing they register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to Editors
- For more details about STOP HS2 please visit www.stophs2.org
- To sign the petition for a parliamentary debate on HS2 http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/stop-hs2/sign.html.
- For any queries relating to this press release please contact the Chairman, Lizzy Williams in our Banbury office in 01295 760802, mobile 07842 164880, email email@example.com. Follow Lizzy on Twitter “chairSTOPHS2”.
- For Social Media enquiries please contact the Social Media Director Penny Gaines in our Aylesbury Office on 01296 655613, mobile 07765780553, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow Penny on Twitter “stophs2”.
- Are we using the wrong address? If so, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and let us know. Thank you.