Following on from the Judicial Review, which found the original consultation on compensation had been “so unfair as to unlawful”, the government are repeating the Phase 1 consultation, with it closing on December 4th. Details can be found here.
Peter Delow at HS2 and the Environment has been running a series of articles on the consultation. These are full of information, and if you are writing a fuller response, you should see what he has to say.
The articles are:
- Time to sharpen your pencil, again
- Matters of principle
- A nettle that has not been grasped
- Fair is foul, and foul is fair
- Only the name has been changed
- Counting the pennies
- Swapping the deeds for a rent book
- Simply not good enough
- Reaching the wrong conclusion
- Drawing the line somewhere
- If you think that, why don’t you do it?
- At least I’m listening
Your local action group has quick response postcards available, please contact them if you want some.