Coming up this Sunday, there are two HS2 related events in the Buckinghamshire area.
Obsidian Arts, near Stoke Mandeville, will be having an opening for their “No HS2 – A Green & Pleasant Land ?” exhibition next Sunday, 8 May, from 2pm to 5pm.
The Art Exhibition runs from 5 May to 5 June with a variety of art by selected local artists and makers intended to highlight the potential impacts of HS2 on the countryside around about.
We mentioned their exhibition last month.
In Great Missenden this Sunday 8th May, there will be a “Say No to HS2 Rally” The event starts at 2pm, with speeches from 3pm.
It takes place at Great Missenden Church of England School playing fields (access via The Buryfields, Great Missenden).
- Rt Hon Cheryl Gillan, MP for Amersham and Great Missenden (invited)
- Martin Tett, Buckinghamshire County Council
- Steve Rodrick, Chiltern Conservation Board
- Hilary Wharf, HS2 Action Alliance
- Shirley Judges, Chiltern Conservation Board, Stop HS2 and Misbourne Valley Action Groups
- Kathryn Gurney, HS2 Action Alliance and Misbourne Valley Action Groups.
The “Alternative Road Show” will also be there. Created by Stop HS2 and local action groups, it will provide a balance to HS2 Ltd’s roadshows, and let visitors know what some of the problems with HS2 are.
Other activities will be
- a demonstration of the sound of what the HS2 train might sound like
- an opportunity for local residents to meet their local action group
- an information tent, cafe and children’s entertainment.
For further information, contact Agnes Fletcher on 07748 333565