Stop HS2 ran a competition at Labour Conference. The answers are:
- Which Yorkshire MP changed his mind on HS2 after looking at the evidence, saying he had been “conned by the spin” and that HS2 would “suck more life out of the regions”?
C) Barry Sheerman MP
- Which academic quit his advisory role at HS2 and described a report from KPMG extolling the benefits of HS2 as “garbage in…” and “essentially made up”?
E) Professor Henry Overman
- Who was the only Labour Leadership candidate to never express concerns about HS2?
D) Liz Kendall MP
- Who described HS2 modelling as ‘shocking’, ‘potty’ and ‘bonkers’, with her committee remaining “concerned about the ability to deliver HS2 on time and budget”?
B) Margaret Hodge MP
- Which member of the Lords Economic Affairs Committee said during an evidence session: “The more I hear from HS2 Ltd, the more I wouldn’t trust them to mow my lawn”?
A) Lord May of Oxford
The winner was Brian Haddon from London