This is based on a comment on one of the Stop HS2 articles, and the recommendations are useful:
Five actions to challenge the planned HS2 Route3 Phase 1, priorities and programme:
1. The Current ES Reponses need to be submitted to HS2PhaseOneBillES@dialoguebydesign.com by 27th February. Ensure you state where you are not clear on land take/impacts.
2. Request your MP to ask questions about the HS2 Route and and other priorities, and changes. Remind him/her of the May elections this year and next and your vote and any self interest bias.
3. Submit to the Chair of the Environmental Audit Committee at the House of Commons your facts and opinion about the way HS2 has not addressed avoidance sufficiently and has not provided and may not have clear descriptions of the impact on specific location. Instead it has divided the different phases of impacts between the Environmental Statement and Hybrid Bill documentation to avoid having the responses from communities and people of the immediate area. It has not been specific on the land that will be lost or what will happen to local flooding.
4. Prepare your petitioning to require mitigations not in the current plans sufficiently clearly and to ask for changes and for local betterments including new roads and lanes and request delays on advanced works to the latest start dates.
5. Support any retrospective planning judicial review case to demonstrate where HS2 and Statutory Bodies have presented confusion in the Environmental Statement and the Hybrid Bill documentation with works information and HS2 route details have been mislead or not been sufficiently specific and where your comments have been disregarded by HS2 or the answer has been unacceptable.